Thursday, November 5, 2015

Hello and welcome to all! Thank you for viewing my blog.

For my S-STEM project, I am building a robot as a member of the robotics club. My robot will be entered in a series of competitions where it will compete against other colleges and universities to win the event and gain glory for our school. The event that my bot will be competing in this semester is called "Nothing but Net" and is ran by Vex Robotics. The goal of the competition is for yours and your teammates bots to score more points than your opponents bots by collect foam balls and placing them in your teams net. There are two different color balls, each worth a different amount of points, as well as two different nets, also both worth a different amount of points, that will be used as the main way to score points. There are also several different ways to earn points, such as having your robot move during the autonomous period, or by having one of your bots pick up the other.

This week I made some modifications to my robots bucket that I 3D printed due to the issue that it was having a difficult time picking up the balls.


This design didn't quite get the job done so it is subjected to further modifications.

I also made some modifications to one of my robots arms. I geared it up in order to slow down how fast it spun. I am hoping this will make it more stable and easier to control.

This design needs to be further tested before I can accurately report its success, but it has shown promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment