Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring 2016 Week 14: Wrapping things up

This week at TGen was pretty tame. On Tuesday, I made a few final edits to both the how to build a poster guide as well as the waste management guide. The rest of the day was primarily spent getting ready for my final week. I organized my notes, made sure my documents were neatly organized, and that that everything that needed to be documented was properly done so. Kathleen also asked me to submit two more series of posters to the IT guys so that she has all the posters that she needs to be printed before I am gone. I pre-formatted them all for her already so if ever in the future she needs to print off more all she has to do is find the poster she wants and submit it.

Today was a slightly more exciting day. There were free bagels in the break room which is always nice. I also got to get out of my office. I had to run a poster down to the second floor to get cut. The gentleman who helped me is very nice and an interesting fella to talk to. After that, Kathleen and I spent the remainder of the day disposing of old DNA samples from past experiments. I found this mindless task quite soothing. it was nice to have a moment where I am still being productive but my brain can kick back and take a 30-minute break.  

I'm going to have to do something for Kathleen for my last week as a thank you for treating me so kindly. Maybe ill bring in doughnuts.... or maybe something a bit more healthy, I don't know yet. Well, like always thank you for reading and have a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment