Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring 2016 Week 10: Test Print!

Welcome to another week where I get to tell you all about the adventures of being an intern at TGen. Remember last week when I said that this week I was going to get some of my safety posters printed out? Well, guess what! This week we finally got a poster printed (it's the picture at the bottom)! The downside, there were some ghosts in the formatting that showed up on the printed copy but were not visible on the original poster that I made. In addition to that, something happened when the poster was being printed and somehow got snagged, so there's this funky little scrunched up part on the poster that in all reality isn't even noticeable. The guy who is in charge of printing the posters said he would redo it since it was an error on their end. Lucky break for us because I was able to find the errors in the formatting that made those original mistakes show up on the poster and fix it then send it back down for reprinting. All in all, nobody ever needs to know that there were ever any original mistakes haha. We also sent over another poster to be printed since we were satisfied with the size dimensions that the poster came out as. Next week we should have a bunch of posters printed out and we'll  begin hanging them.

Kathleen found a new poster topic that she wants me to focus on. Cryostat Safety! She has tasked me with creating an informative cryostat poster that has a short list of safety information that should be taken into regard when using the cryostat. A good way to think about it is like an infographic, that's pretty much what I'm doing.

Like always, I'll keep yall up to date and hope you enjoyed reading. Have a nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment