Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spring 2016 Week 9: Going paperless!

This week at TGen was a fairly busy and productive one. Let’s start at the beginning. Tuesday was important for a few reasons. The first reason was because I heard back from Sigma-Aldrich about them accidently not sending us an SDS with two of our purchases as well as requesting them to email us all of our SDS's from here on out. They wanted some information that was above my pay grade, so I had to pass on the information to Kathleen to take care of, but were a step closer to making TGen more sustainable and eco-friendly. Tuesday was also the board meeting for the heads of the departments. I went because I’m Kathleen’s intern I suppose, I really have no clue why I have to go to these things. During the meeting, the big thing we discussed was how TGen is going paperless. Over the next few months, all the offices at TGen have to scan all their documents and shred them, which leads into what I got to do today. 

Today I spent a few hours going through file after file after file, checking every single document in them to find its corresponding file on the computer so that we know what documents still need to be scanned before they are shredded. It was tedious work but kind of fun at the same time. It was the electronic document version of find Waldo. It also really gives you an idea of how bad some of these scientists in the labs are at filing their paperwork and writing up documents for research proposals. 


Anyways, next week Kathleen and I are finally going to print out some of the safety posters that I came up with and hang them. I hope they are a success and really get people there thinking about some of the silly mistakes they make.

Well once again, that is it for this week. Like always, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment