Friday, March 18, 2016

Spring 2016 Post 8: The semester of the missing spring break!

Even though this week is spring break at school, it's just another week at TGen. Needless to say, I still had to go in for my internship. This is good news though because a fair bit happened that I am excited to share.

The first success of the week came when Kathleen told me on Tuesday that one of the labs asked her if they could have one of the chemicals in the waste room, that I cataloged for reuse. This is great news because it proves that the effort put into cataloging all the chemicals was actually beneficial. it also shows that the labs recognise that these chemicals are down there and that they can use them instead of having to pay ridiculous amounts of money to send them away to be disposed of.

The second big win on the week was that Kathleen and I were able to set up two SAA sites in the labs on the east side of floor five for beta testing. If these SAA's really catch on and are efficient that we plan to set up SAA's in the remaining sites that we scouted in the other labs.

Last but not least, I have to bring up the posters once again. I have come up with and found many good safety posters to the point where we are ready to print some out and hang them up for all of TGen to see. I'm not sure exactly when we are going to do this since we have a board meeting on Tuesday and Thursdays are short days, but it should be within the next week or so. I will keep yall updated.

Well, that's all I got. Here is a youtube video you should watch. It asks two questions for you to try and figure out if you'd like. It's some pretty interesting stuff. who knows, you may learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcBjibuHxEk&feature=em-subs_digest

Like always, thank you for viewing and see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment