Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring 2016 Post 6: More Lab Walk Troughs!

Hello, all and welcome back. As I'm sure you've already guessed were going to be talking about lab walk throughs some more. I know what you're thinking, "are lab walk throughs all this guy does?”. Well, sometimes it may seem that way, but no, I also do things, like make safety posters with pictures of dogs like this.
This picture belongs to a poster that says "If HE can wear his PPE than so can YOU!" HAHAHA! It’s funny because he's a dog.... Unfortunately, not all the posters will have dogs on them. I have a list of seven safety topics that I have to make posters for. So far it’s been fun trying to come up with witty and creative ways to convey the message through a single photo with as little text as possible. 

So now let’s get back to the lab walk through. So Tuesday Kathleen and I finally went up to the five west lab. It is a very..... full lab to say the least. It was nearly impossible to find a good potential SAA spot anywhere in that lab. Kathleen and I discussed renovating the lab and trying to find it some more space. The talk kind of scared me because the way she made it sound was as if she wanted me to do the renovations. I’m all for knocking down walls and tearing out cabinets and that sort of stuff, but I’m no contractor. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing like a good old DIY renovation project to get my blood pumping, but I’d rather avoid being sued by the city of Phoenix for violating building codes. Oh boy would that be interesting though. 

Oh! Good news before I go. I finally got all (or as many as I could find) the SDS's for the chemicals that I inventoried down in the waste room. Now it’s time to move to the next phase of that project. 
Displaying Service Dog PPE.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment